What is it about?
Mini Crazy Labs is a Unit4 initiative that seeks to provide a unique experience. The main objective is to offer you the opportunity to be creative and contribute ideas for the future.
The theme of the ideas should focus on the application of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to software for business use (finance, talent and people management, project management, etc.)
Would you like to be inspired? This video can give you an idea of how Crazy Labs are developed at Unit4. During this week-long event, teams have the opportunity to turn their own innovation ideas into product prototypes.
One example that can support you is the innovation project developed by Unit4: Wanda. It is the first digital assistant in the world specifically geared towards companies. Access this LINK and find out more about Wanda.
Who is the target audience?
To all South Tech Week 2020 AI Edition attendees. Regardless of your background or training, we look forward to hearing your ideas, being surprised by your creativity, and last but not least, showing us your interest in technology.
How can you participate?
The steps to participate in the Mini Crazy Labs are:
- The main topics of the Mini Crazy Labs are the application of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to business software.
- You can participate either individually or as a team (max. 3 people)
- The project should include:
- Name and surname of all participants
- Motivation to develop this idea/solution and development of the concept
- Needs to be met
- Product development
- The format to deliver the project can be the one you consider appropriate (Word, PowerPoint, video, image…)
- The length of the document should be a maximum of 3 pages/slide and in the case of a video or similar format 5min
- As soon as you have the project completed, send your idea to the email: email@example.com
- The subject of the mail should include: MCL_”ProjectName”_STW
- After sending your project to the indicated email you will receive an email confirming your registration in the competition.
- The deadline for submitting the project is September 13th.
How is it assessed?
Evaluation criteria will be based on creativity, functionality and impact.
All ideas will be collected and evaluated by a jury of Unit4 employees:
- Rafael Artacho: Principal Product Manager, People Platform
- Alonso Gragera: Machine Learning expert & Product Owner
- Vanesa Llorens: Senior Manager, Innovation
- Marina Fernández Aizpitarte: Talent Engagement Specialist
How does the contest work?
Once all the participants’ projects have been collected, the jury will make a pre-selection of those that continue to the next phase (phase 2).
On Tuesday 15th September, all participants will receive an email informing them if they continue in phase 2.
Those of you who continue in phase 2 should record a short video explaining the functionality of your idea. The video should be a maximum of 2 minutes long.
The deadline for sending the video will be Friday 18th September.
During the first day of South Tech Week 2020 AI Edition (21 Sept) your videos will be shown. During the two-day event (Sept. 21 and 22), all attendees will be able to vote for the winner from the audience.
Two types of awards will be awarded:
- Jury’s award for the most creative, functional and high impact idea: Amazon gift voucher valued with 200€
- Prize of the assistants by popular vote: Amazon Gift voucher valued with 200€.
All participants will receive a T-shirt of the event.